Wednesday 7 March 2018

A Must Read!: The "Street" Proposal - David Nwaise



I panicked a little,
his eyes betrayed his words.
it wasn't a matter to jump into,
at least i needed extra time more.
...
his proposal struck me,
it sounded quite hypnotic.
how could i not join in,
i also needed more money.
...
"you've got the brains" he said,
"just the tools that remains".
i sunk down in thought,
what is scam worth?
...
"it's quite easy, don't be frantic,
you could be a billionaire through this".
he was more convincing,
how can i say no to something that could bring to life my wish?
...
but alas! I put myself in the victim's shoe,
how would i feel if they scammed me too.
for a while i thought of the aftermath,
'cyber-crime is a gateway to doom' is a fact.
...
he was my best friend,
we drank garri and slept together.
but he 'picked' and his poverty end,
but is it going to last forever?
...
we might not be in the same level,
but i've got more brains.
and i know the angels smiled in heaven,
when i said "let's go our seperate ways".

Written By: David Nwaise

No comments:

Post a Comment